Thursday, October 27, 2016

Reflections on the first quarter

                     There are a lot of things that I have developed in or learned in this class. I have became more better with how I write. Ever since we learned T.I.Q.A ,  I started using this format for all my writings. This structure of writing made it more easier for me to develop my writing and how I use different words in each sentence I write. T.I.Q.A also helped me have a better understanding of the book. It was the perfect format that helped me break down events that I read or listened to. I would say that this helped me do my work and understand what im doing.

                     Through out the first quarter, I don't think my blogs have progressed. It was just the format I used changed. I think that I have adapted to many things that I wasn't familiar with in this class. But adapting to different styles of writing makes me a better writer and helps me understand the topic we're writing about. Changing how I write was difficult for me, but I learned to understand the format we were getting taught. So I think that my blogs are on the same level of writing, but the format of the writing is different.

                     Finally, some goals or things i want to change as this next quarters go by is how i manage my time. For me I need to learn how to manage my time everyday, because im a athlete. I play football so this means i have practice two hours each week day. Having practice each day resulted in some issues for me managing my time. This is how my day goes after school (that i need to change). I come home I change, I don't even think about homework that I have to do because im so eager to hang out with my friends or to not miss out on something. Then after i hang out with my friends i have to rush home because I take so long hanging out with my friends I have to rush home and change to go to practice. Then after practice its like 8. Im tired so i lay down and take out my homework . But im barely awake and I don't give my best effort or i fall asleep doing it. So one goal I want to have for the rest of the quarters is to come home then do my homework right away and take my time obviously for i could put my best effort into it. Then hang out with my friends. For i can have something fun to do. Its very exhausting being a athlete. But if I want to accomplish my goals later in life i have to be academically ready because if I don't achieve my goals I need a backup plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment