Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Boy On The Wooden Box

The Boy On The Wooden Box

    If there was character I would bring back from the book, it would be Oscar Schindler. I would ask him a barrage of questions. Why did he want to keep jews in Krakow? What use of Jews does he hope to gain from them?   The reason I want to ask these question is because I want to know why he started to care for the Jews. Also why he wanted the Jews to live ?? Just for his name to be cherished by Jews.


    My feeling started to change throughout the book because when Leyson’s father was beat by the Germans i was angry. But after Schindler had let him work at the factory I was happy because Leyson's father could not be beaten or taken because Schindler was his brand so he wouldn't get hurt. But then after they started to create ghettos I had lost hope and Leysons family were all sad and scared of what might happen to them. It became depressing when there family had to split from each other, but then later they found themselves back together.


    The Boy in The Box is different from Night because in the the Boy in The Box I feel like he had more opportunities because he spoke German and he looked like one so he got away with more things. Also his age too. In Night Elie did not have the same opportunities he only had him and his father. He lived through the worst camps and had to go through hell. Leyson didn't go through the same hell as Elie. Leyson had it easy because Schindler saved him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment